Okay, I don't normally post twice in one day, but I had more to talk about. As you know I'm around 7 months pregnant now, and today I had a pre-natal doctor's visit. I have one more visit in four weeks, then I go to two week appointnemtns. When I found out I was pregnant I decided to go with a different ob/gyn practice than I had with Alayna. Today I was set to see a doctor that I had not seen as of yet. It's been difficult to get an appointment with him, but the office policy is for you to see each of the doctors and midwives in the office at least once so you're familiar with them. My appointment was set for 1:45 this afternoon. I was told after arriving that he was 45 minutes behind schedule today, but hopefully he'd get caught up and I'd be seen sooner than that. Okay, now I'm irritated and I just arrived. But, I found a TIME magazine and decided to flip through it while I waited. At 2:20 the nurse calls me back, takes my vitals and has me wait in the room. Much to my pitiful delight there was a People Magazine in the room, so I decided to make that my new reading material. Well, 3:00 rolled around and I was now caught up on what exactly happened to Heath Ledger, why Eddie Murphy's recent marriage failed, and the details of Jennifer Lopez's baby shower, but I STILL have not seen the doctor. At 3:05 I decided that I needed to look for him since maybe he didn't know I was there. I was able to speak to a nurse and I voiced my disgust over the length of time I was waiting. I told her that I had a sick husband at home who was caring for our other 2 children, and I was anxious to go. I told her I normally was not impatient (I guess that's not exactly true), but I had just waited too long. I was nice to her, it is not her fault, but I felt someone needed to make the doctor aware. Wouldn't you know that two minutes after that he came to my room all apologies, saying something about having missed my room and going in to the wrong room, blah, blah, blah... The important thing is that everything is healthy and as it should be with the baby. But, I have to tell you that if he is on call when I deliver this baby and he is late, or misses my room, he better hope that there's a new issue of People Magazine in the room waiting for me. :)
I just feel better having shared all this with you. You might be thinking that we have all had to wait "forever" at a doctors appointment at one time or another, but I'm hormonal, emotionally unstable and slightly irrational, so don't be late!
2 comments:
This post cracked me up! Thanks for sharing it! My mom told me to come over and read it (she is Monique, a friend of Susans). Here is what happened the last time my doctor was late for my last prenatal appointment with my third! http://korimauch.blogspot.com/2007/08/introducing-emily-aileen.html
Hopefully it will go the same for you when it is time!
Kristen, You are hilarious!!! I enjoyed reading your blog so much! When you publish your first book, let me know, I"ll be there and I want the first copy!
Post a Comment