Thursday, September 6, 2007

1st Day of School

 
Wednesday was Julie's first day of pre-school. I let her pick what she wanted for her special "first day of school" breakfast, and she chose french toast. Then she requested her breakfast in bed. LOL! Wait...it only gets better...I gave in to the breakfast in bed, as long as she used the lap tray. Then, while she was eating she saw a puppet in her room and said, "I've got an idea, how about you do a puppet show, while I eat my breakfast?" You may be wondering if I gave in, and all I have to say is, I put on a really funny doggy puppet show at 7:30 a.m. I was trying to keep the morning as fun and lighthearted as possible. But, as she was requesting breakfast in bed again this morning, I politely said no. Once a year, on the first day of school, is plenty for me. ha! She was excited to wear her new strawberry shortcake shirt, and princess sneakers. She didn't have any trouble going in to the school and saying good-bye to me. I was so thankful. I prayed and prayed that she would adjust well to the change. Mommy, on the other hand...well, I kept it together while I said good-bye, then I got in the car and had my teary moment. It's so hard to believe she's old enough to be doing this. But, I know this is going to be so good for her. On the way home, after I picked her up, I was asking if she made new friends. She got very excited and said, "I made new friends, that were just my size." All I have to say to that is, "Julie, I like making new friends that are just my size, too." :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to know where the picture of the doggy puppet show is?? : )