Here's a cute picture, I thought you might enjoy. I was putting on my make-up, and I put Alayna on the counter while I "worked" away. I was right next to her so she wouldn't fall (no need to worry, mom). She decided to slide into the sink and hang out. I had Dave grab the camera, and Julie popped into the picture, too. Julie is convinced that she needs to wear these glasses (that Aunt Andrea "blinged up" for her), in order to see. (I'm a 29 year old, married, mother of two, that drives a station wagon, using the word "bling"...does something seem out of place here???)
I decided not to take the girls to the doctor yesterday, after all. They seem to be getting better. The coughs are the worst at night, but during the day they're really doing fine. They're finally sleeping better at night, too. I'm still battling the cold, congestion, sinus pressure thing. Last night I was achey and cranky...but what else is new? Dave had to wait on me hand & foot, but I figure it's a blessed change from how I'm always waiting on him all the time...LOL! Okay, we all know that's not true. He's so good to me...he's wonderful! (I think he reads this sometimes)
Today was Alayna's 1st birthday!!! I can not believe it! We didn't do a lot today to celebrate. We're getting together with Dave's family on Sunday, and his grandma is making a cake. Then we'll have another party when my parents come to visit in October. Julie wrapped some gifts for her today. Mostly toys from her own closet, but it was a sweet gesture. Julie was pretty put-out though, that I didn't at least have a cupcake for her today. What kind of mother am I???
Well, I'm starting to bore myself here, so I better wrap this up for now. If I'm bored then you all must be nodding off. :) Enjoy the weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment