Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Time...

It's Time for many things around here....

It's time for me to get back into blogging....

It's time for me to get back on the healthy eating wagon....  Christmas is over, I met my goal - which was to maintain my weight loss during the holidays, while allowing myself to enjoy some treats.  I lost 25 lbs. from mid-September to mid-December.  I won the daycare weight loss contest, and I signed back up for another round of weight loss competition.  It's time to get started again and shed some more pounds....

Here I am, 25lbs lighter and feeling healthier.


It's past time to share with you some highlights from our Christmas....
 
Our tree...my Mom's tree.  We put on our own decorations, but my dad gave me mom's tree, and that's all I wanted to see in our living room.   Putting it next to my mom's couch and loveseat, which dad generously gave us before Christmas, was an added bonus.

My awesome gift from my sister-in-law.  We found this old skirt in the cedar chest at my dad's house, while going through mom's things.  For as long as I can remember this skirt was in the cedar chest.  When we saw it Andrea thought it would make a great apron.  Since I'm not a seamstress, she took it and surprised me with it for Christmas.  It's fun, and I love it!


Our Christmas was great.  Dave's mom and Grandma came for a few days and were with us Christmas morning.  It was a fun, relaxing day, and the kids excitement is always contagious.

And finally....it's time to share with you what the kids bought me for Christmas...

Dave took the kids to the Dollar Tree, gave them each a basket and told them they could each pick out 3 things they wanted to purchase for me.  He didn't sway their decision, he just let them decide.  Here's what I got:
From Julie - A hat and scarf set, and two packages of Reese's PB cups (my weakness).
From Joel - A puppet, jalapeno cheddar potato skins (boy were they spicy), and a turkey baster (you can't have too many). 
From Alayna - A pink stuffed pig, a package of pink party napkins, and a clip-on toilet bowl cleaner and deodorizer (always a practical gift). 

Dave said the only time he intervened was when Alayna picked up a package of feminine wipes to buy.  ROFL! 

I laughed so hard.  They were my favorite gifts to open, by far.  :) 

It's time to tell you that I wll try to do better with the blog...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I laughed so hard reading the list of gifts you received from your kiddos! Hilarious and what a great idea that was!
Monique

Lynn said...

You look AH-mazing! And I love your hair! And feminine wipes?! LOL!!! You always make me laugh!!