Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stay Tuned...

VBS is now over. Today was our closing program, followed by an all-church picnic at our house. We averaged 28-30 kids a night, but I don't know what the final registration total was. We never had rain during VBS, but one night it started raining as soon as the program ended for the evening. We did have rain during the day a few times, which meant Dave was hard at work covering things with tarps that needed protected. The girls and I all ended up sick this week, which added some stress, but I'm thankful to say we're better now. Julie, Alayna and myself ran fevers of 102 for a couple days, along with sore throats. Julie did manage to throw up all over Dave & my bedspread one afternoon. Ugh! That was the one and only time she threw up, thank goodness! I felt sorry for her since she had to miss out one night on attending VBS. When the program is run in your front yard, it seems torturous for a kid to have to stay inside and watch all her friends having fun. I tried to do fun things with her to keep her mind off of it. However, after several rounds of "My father owns a grocery store...", and a rousing game of "Go Fish," she was still bummed.

Tuesday we are leaving for a much-needed vacation to Erie, to visit my family. We'll spend the first 4 days at my uncle's cabin (an hour from Erie), then we'll spend the rest of our vacation in Erie. I will try to post some more VBS pictures soon, and hopefully some vacation pictures. Stay Tuned...

No comments: