Friday, November 23, 2007

Lots to Talk About

Below is a picture I took of Julie while she was sick. She caught a virus that's going around our area. It is mostly a cough, but the cough hangs on for weeks, even months. She's had trouble getting to sleep at night because the coughing keeps her up. I have had her going to sleep propped up just to keep her from coughing, so that has helped.
Julie has her certain set of stuffed animals that she insists on sleeping with each night. Quack Quack, Doggie, Minnie Mouse, Larry-Boy & Pablo the penguin. Those are the required 5, along with her favorite purple blankie. Julie oftens asks each night to pick one more thing to sleep with, and usually that is not a problem. On this particular night she requested that she be allowed to sleep with the balloon she recently got after eating at Friendly's. Whatever...the poor child is sick, and it will make her happy. I tried removing the balloon after she fell asleep and she woke up shortly after, retrieved it and went back to bed. You'll also notice that the cat joined her this night, as well. I thought the moment was so cute I had to get a picture. Julie is now feeling better. She ocassionally coughs, but no more fever, and she's sleeping better at night...without her balloon. LOL!
 


Now, you might be thinking...GROSS! Why is there a picture of a dead deer on her blog? Well, I'll tell you...It wouldn't be a Bierer (my maiden name) family tradition if we didn't have a picture of the dead animal with the mighty hunter. Yes, Dave shot his first doe this past Monday. He was very excited, and we're excited to put the venison in our freezer. Dave tends to think my family traditions might be a bit strange, but growing up having my picture taken with several dead animals, I really don't think much about it. Dave has learned to join the fun, rather than fight it.
 


Okay, on a lighter note...here's a recent picture of the girls. Actually it was taken yesterday, on Thanksgiving. Julie and Alayna were riding the rocking horse together. In a rare moment they were both smiling and enjoying themselves. Alayna gets a little irritated with her big sisters attempts to hug and squeeze her sometimes, but this moment was pleasant. :)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: