Friday, November 2, 2007

Continuing Conversations with Julie...

Okay, I have some more comments from my precious little Julie. This time the conversations had a more "spiritual" tone to them:

-This afternoon we were playing a Noah's Ark matching game that she has. She was holding up the plastic Ark that goes to the game and she said "That's a nice Ark He built for the animals, God did a good job." I'm not sure if she was referring to the literal Ark, or the one made by Fisher Price...either way, I think she meant her compliment sincerely. :)

-A couple days ago I picked Julie up from school in the truck. Mind you our roads are windy, and the truck is a standard. I was concentrating on shifting gears and going around a bend when Julie yelled for me to look at something. I missed what she was looking at and she asked, "did you see that squirrel, mama?" When I said no I hadn't, she quickly answered, "that's okay, God made more."

When I told my husband about this I think it was a quick reminder to him that yes, God does make the squirrels...even though my husband prefers to hunt them with "my" BB Gun. :)

Julie is at such a fun age. Everything is so literal to her, and there is such innocence in what she says...well, except for when whe was telling daddy a lie tonight about wearing a clean shirt...but that's a whole other story. One minute she has me cracking up, the next we are having another "chat" about behavior. Kids...

No comments: