Friday, April 15, 2011

Florida

I had the opportunity to go visit my Aunt Barbie (my mom's sister), Uncle Jim, Brent & Drew in Florida, for a week.  Kid-Free, Husband-Free, Responsibility-Free, for a whole week.  My mother-in-law and Grandmother-in-law graciously came here from New York to help Dave.

My Grandma flew down a week & a half ahead of me, and we flew home together.  My flight to Pensacola was, to say the least, adventurous.  Cancelled flights, flat tires on the plane, shuttles to Cleveland, delays in Charlotte because a flight attendant didn't show up, etc.  But, I made it in one piece, and was glad all that happened to me, and not my Grandma.

Barb worked each morning, so Grandma and I took walks, I slept in, swam, and read.  When Barb would get home we would usually do something fun...like go to WalMart.  Seriously, they have WalMarts in Florida.  Who knew? 

Okay, we did other stuff, too.  Went to Destin, ate out, shopped at Destin Commons, walked the Navarre Pier, watched King Mackerel being reeled in, picked up shells on the beach for my kids, went to Pensacola, watched movies every night, saw lots and lots of sea fog, ate Thai food, etc.  It was a lot of fun, and very relaxing. 

This was the first time I've been away, alone, for more than a night or two without Dave & the kids.  I missed them, but I took advantage of my time away, so I could return refreshed.

Destin Beaches - white sand and emerald colored water.  Gorgeous!

Barbie, Grandma and me
My lovely hosts (Jim, Barb & Brent) enjoying lunch at Pampano Joe's, where this non-fish eating person ordered a grouper sandwich and actually enjoyed it.

My accomodations...


Me & Grandma on Navarre Pier


1 comment:

Lynn said...

So glad you got to get away!! How was the Thai food??