Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Fun

A few highlights from our Easter weekend...The weekend started with the kids having a sleepover at Papa & Lulu's house on Good Friday (Doug & Andrea's kids, too).  I don't have any pictures from that, but I'm told it was a lot of fun.

Making Resurrection Rolls with the kids (recipe at bottom).  We made these in the daycare with the kids, and I thought it was a great idea to do with our kids.  I am not opposed to painting eggs, but this was a lot less messy, and the kids ate them....not the case with hard-boiled eggs. 
Dave & the kiddos at church Easter Sunday. 


Uncle Brad was the Easter hero with his egg hunt.  Boots were necessary since this is NW PA after all. 





"Look what Uncle Brad has in his yard!"



Recipe for Resurrection Rolls:
1 Tube of Crescent Rolls
8 Large Marshmallows

Unroll crescent rolls and separate the 8 triangles.  Take one triangle and wrap it entirely around a marshmallow.  Bake at 350 for about 10 mins. or until golden brown. 

The idea:
Before it is baked it looks like a tomb and the marshmallow represents Jesus in the tomb.  After they are baked it looks like an empty tomb (the marshmallow melts into the roll).

No comments: