Saturday, November 13, 2010

Trick-or-Treat and Other Stuff

Where have I been for the past two weeks, you might be asking? Most likely you are not asking this, and I must come to the realization that blogging is strictly for my enjoyment and no one else's. Oh well...I will continue to blog-on.

Life is busy, illness creeped into our little world, and well, did I mention that life is busy?

We have not been as sick as other members in our extended family, but we've been fighting colds and Joel & I spent the past couple days with a stomach bug. My brother, his family & my Grandma have suffered with the full blown flu - as well as most of the daycare staff and children that I am with a couple days a week.

I realized I did not post any pictures from our fun evening of trick-or-treating. We had the cutest fairy, flower & dog you've ever seen. We start our evening dropping in on family, and end by walking my Grandma's street in her subdivision gathering more candy than we possibly need. But, it's fun and the kids's enjoy talking to each person they get candy from. In fact, I usually have to pull them off of people's porches because they stop to visit and start telling their whole life story. I'm glad they're so friendly.

My Grandparents love seeing the kids, and my grandpa gets an even bigger kick out of teasing the kids with his funny hats and noses.  Julie walked in, took one look, and said "Graaaannnndpa, I knew it was you." 

Other than busyness and illness, life is about the same. I am in a contest with some co-workers to lose weight. I've been working very hard and changing my way of eating. I refuse to diet, my goal has been to do this in a way I can live with and maintain. So far I'm in the lead with a 17lb. weight loss. If you have healthy recipes your family loves - I'd love for you to share them with me. Please leave them in the comments or e-mail me.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I've been wondering where you are!! Although I knew from FB you'd been sick. Glad you're doing better!

I'm going to e-mail you a recipe for Pasta with Light Alfredo Sauce. It's a Pampered Chef recipe, and I don't know how healthy it really is, but it's yummy! :)