Thursday, November 18, 2010
Matthew West - My Own Little World (Slideshow With Lyrics)
As I listened to this song on the radio this morning I was struck by how true and powerful these words are. Please listen and read the words, also.
Dave & I are seeking to do ministry in Erie - and we are, with the school & daycare. This past Sunday evening I visited a local church in downtown Erie with my dad & his fiance'. They attend once a month, because Mary volunteers in their nursery. This church is part of the larger church (McLane Church) they attend in Edinboro. The name of the church - Church in a Bar. Yep, that's right! It's a church that's held in a bar. Each Sunday night they have the use of this facility (The Cell Block), because in PA bars cannot be open on Sundays, unless they are a restaurant. They open up their doors to the people in inner-city Erie. They offer them a church service, preaching from God's Word, and a free hot meal every Sunday night. Homeless off the street, people with very little material posessions, children who have a rough home life, etc. It was such an incredible gift to be a part of this last Sunday night. An added bonus was seeing my mom's Hospice nurse there. She is also a part of this ministry, and helps serve the hot meals. She was such a blessing to our family during a very difficult time, and I am always thankful each time I have an opportunity to see her again.
I am grateful that Dad & Mary are a part of this ministry once a month, & I look forward to going again and bringing Dave along the next time.
Is this world Population You? Or does your heart break for what break's our Heavenly Father's?
I am asking myself the same questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment