We are oficially starting school here on Tuesday. Julie enters first grade, and her first year of home-schooling. I mentioned a few posts ago that this is a decision we've made for this year, and we're giving it a try. I must say I'm very excited, and still can't believe I'm doing this. Julie is also excited, and when the box of curriculum arrived in the mail this week she was just as anxious as I was to see everything inside the box. This year's primary focus will be on her reading and writing skills, we'll also be working on math together. I chose a kindergarten math for her, since the book contained many things she never learned last year in Kindergarten, so I felt it was important to start there. If we move through the book quickly, then I'll order the 1st grade level right away. Julie will also be learning about Colonial America this year (U.S. History), and we'll be working our way through a book called "Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day" (Science), as well as some Geography, Health, etc. Julie's excited, I'm excited, we'll see how it goes. Julie also begins her first swim lesson Tuesday night. I signed her up at the YMCA for a class every Tuesday night, for eight weeks. Dave is also taking a weekly class for the Fire Department right now. Every Thursday for nine weeks he is taking a "scene support" class.
This past week we stayed busy with end-of-summer activities. The girls went in the pool on warmer days, played with friends, played outside after supper until it got dark, we had a picnic outside, ate popsicles, and all that fun stuff. I really don't mind summer, but I am a big fan of fall. The thought of cooler days, beautiful leaves, pumpkins and apple-picking make me happy. I won't wish the summer away, but the pull towards fall is exciting, too.
Dave is busy each evening working on the desk he is building me for our office. I can hardly wait until it's all finished, put together, and all my stuff is neatly organized in it. I appreciate all the hard work he is putting into this project. I look forward to sharing photos with you of the completed desk.
Enjoy the long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment