Monday, July 21, 2008

VBS Is Taking Over My Life....

Let's bring you up to date...VBS is only a week away. There's still a lot to do for VBS. My husband is very busy with VBS. People are at our house every day to help him get ready for VBS. I have been making extra lunches for the people here to help for VBS. There's cut-out dinosaurs and a cave in my yard for VBS...and that's not the last of the props being made. I made the flyers to advertise for VBS. I mailed the flyers to last years VBS attendees. I'm organizing all the snacks being made for VBS. I still need to update and print the VBS parental permission forms. I still need to update and print all the registration paperwork. OH MAN, what am I doing enjoying some leisurely computer time when VBS is just a week away! Have I mentioned that VBS has taken over our home??? Are you tired of me referring to "VBS" yet??? VBS is always an exciting week around here, but I'd be lying if I said I'm sad when it's behind us. I genuinely enjoy it, and I enjoy watching the kids get in to it, and hearing about kids accepting the Lord. That's why we have VBS...but I know that as soon as it's over we get to head to Erie for some R&R. We get to let my parents take over for a couple weeks with raising our kids. Okay, we don't let them completely take over, but it's a dream I have...uhm...sometimes. :)

Here are some recent pictures of Joel. I guess this one below will need some explaining...especially to my mother who is probably saying "why are they dressing up my baby?" All I can say is that this is what happens when I leave Dave alone with the kids.

Here is my happy boy. He is smiling lots and lots these days, and cooing.

After his baths he loves to be snuggled up in his towel.

Joel in his baseball outfit from Uncle Ed & Aunt Shelly.

6 comments:

Sons and Beaches said...

BTW...what is VBS????

Kristen said...

Does "Vacation Bible School" ring a bell???

Kristen said...

It could also mean "Very Bad Sunburn", or "Visually Blinding Sun", or "Vicious Broadway Star" (not sure what that means exactly)...or, "Virginia Based Senator." Gives you lots to think about, huh? :)

Marilyn said...

Hi All. Love your blog and all the beautiful pictures. Keep them coming! Should I add AFTER VBS? :) Just reading it tires me out--don't know how you do it.

Sons and Beaches said...

I know, I know. I just thought I'd ask because you said "VBS" 3,498 times in your post. :)

The Bierer Family said...

Can't wait for you to come to Erie. :) Hope you survive the Very Bad Sunburn without any major incidents. :) Love you!