Okay, back to VBS...I get side-tracked, sorry. Dave, and many people in our church have been working feverishly (no pun intended) to get ready for this week. They never do things on a small scale...and I'm learning not to say "if you don't get that part done, no one will notice." Silly me...DAVE will notice!
So, below are some pictures of what took place in our yard yesterday afternoon, while everyone scrambled to finish getting things together for last night.
Here is the flyer (designed by "yours truly") we sent out to all the kids.

This is the entrance to the cave. The tarp is only there to protect it from the rain they were calling for yesterday, but thankfully we did not receive. I will post pictures later of it without a tarp. The inside of the cave is very very dark, and they have black lights set up. There is also a revolving door that Dave and another kid built that the kids turn and it takes them to the other side of the cave. Like I said "nothing on a small scale."

Julie standing at the archaeological digging pit. After the kids exit the cave they dig for buried fossils, dinosaur bones, etc. in the pit.

The rope bridge that leads them to the cave.

Our gigantic meeting tent. The church purchased this a few weeks ago, and we are so thankful to have it. It will serve many uses for our little country church.
No comments:
Post a Comment