Julie was very excited about having a birthday party at Mimi & Papa's house. She requested that I make her a frog cake, so that is what I did...as you may recall she already had a bunny cake at her party with Dave's side of the family.
Julie's Frog Cake...this was a pretty simple cake to make. I baked 1 9" round cake, and used the rest of the batter to make cupcakes. I used two of the cupcakes for the eyes. The eyes are white frosting, then I cut a chocolate egg in half for the pupils. I bought a tube of red decorating gel to make the mouth, and the nose is two chocolate chips turned upside down.
Dave & Julie decorated Mimi & Papa's dining room for the party (Julie is hidden behind the wall). They decorated with Strawberry Shortcake streamers. Mimi was a good sport to let them tape up the streamers. :)
Julie & her cake.
Mimi & Papa with their granddaughters, Julie, Alayna & Danika.





No comments:
Post a Comment