Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sledding...

This past Saturday we headed for the family hunting camp for a day of sledding with friends from church.  Dave & my dad drove down early to get the snow cleared out with the bulldozer and the kids & I travelled down later in the morning.  There was a blizzard when I drove down, and at one point I had to pull off the road and wait out the snow because I couldn't see a foot in front of the van.  After the white-out, the snow cleared, the sun came up, and it was a gorgeous day.  It was not bitter cold and you could actually enjoy being out in the snow. 

Dave, the kids & I stayed all night Saturday and spent more time sled-riding on Sunday before we packed up and headed home.     

If you're going to sled with the Big Dogs you pull your own sled...

...or not.

That's my baby going down the hill.  He had no fear, and thought the whole thing was great.

"Could someone give me a push?"

I am pretty sure the sled begged us to get off when we did this, but we ignored the moaning and squealing noises and flew down the hill on my favorite runner sled, anyways.
(photo taken by Julie)

Mush!


No comments: