It's been a crazy winter, and I am looking forward to spring so much I can almost taste it! We've been busy, and when we're not busy, it's because we've been sick. The daycare germs I've brought home this winter have taken a toll on us. I love my job! I love the kids! I love my co-workers! But, I loathe the germs! Everyone keeps telling me we are building up our immune system. I'd like to believe them, really I would....I'd like a reason to believe that all this sickness will be worth it at some point.
I wanted to give a quick update on our household. As of Monday, Feb. 1st, Dave began a new job as the school administrator of the Christian school Julie is attending. The job is part-time through August, because of contracts and commitments the school has for the remainder of the school-year. So, for now, he is working five hours a day at the school, then spending 3 to 4 hours of the afternoon helping my dad and brother remodel a home. Beginning in the fall his position at the school should become full-time. We are excited about this new job, and excited about the ministry opportunities the Lord has given us. When we first told Julie that Dave was going to be her new principal, she responded, "How embarassing!" She has gotten very used to the idea, and now it's going to be important to remind her that just because daddy is the principal, doesn't mean the she runs the school. :)
We continue to live with dad, but are praying that very soon we'll be able to purchase our own home. Hopefully soon I'll have more pictures to post of the kids. They are growing way too fast.
3 comments:
Praise God. We're happy for the opportunity He has given to your family.
There is a sign up at the seminary (also our church) advertising an apartment for rent! Guess what apartment! :) It brought back many memories of when you guys were first here. I remember you saying you had to bake cookies in the toaster oven :) And then today we passed your old house on watt! So...have been thinking about you a lot lately! Anyways...love and miss you lots!
SO happy!! Tell Pastor Dave congratulations from us! Praying for the right house to come along for you guys, and that everything will come together smoothly for you!
Post a Comment