Thank you to everyone who expressed their sympathy, sent cards, etc., over the passing of my mom. It was a privelege and an honor to be able to help care for her the last fews weeks of her life, and I am forever grateful that I had that time with her.
I returned to New York yesterday, after being in Erie for four weeks caring for mom, helping to plan her funeral, and helping dad take care of things at home. I'm glad to be back, but it is a strange feeling, filled with very mixed emotions. My Aunt Barb (mom's sister) & Grandma Andrews came back with me to spend a few days, and I'm so thankful they did. Having that extra time with family is a wonderful comfort.
I will post more soon (pictures of the kids, etc.), but for now I just wanted to say thanks for all your support and prayers. Mom can never be replaced, but I am comforted to know she is now cancer-free and rejoicing in Heaven. As for me & my family, our loss is great, but her gain in Heaven is even greater.
3 comments:
Your Mom was so blessed to have you for a daughter! I'm praying for you as you get back into your 'normal' routine.
Your family was sorely missed, but thankful that you were such a comfort to your Mom in these last few weeks. Many are praying for you and we love you all dearly.
Kristen,
What a wonderful daughter you are! Your mom was so very blessed to have you as her nurse, confident, friend, care giver, and many other roles that you were to her and your family during her last weeks of life.....she loved you so very much Kristen. You cared for her in such a wonderful, loving way. She needed you and you were by her side. I miss my friend so very much and cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. You all have lived Christ before our eyes.......for a very long time. Thank you, all of you. It is our honor and privilege to know such very special people. We love you each one and are praying for you all. In Him, Cindy Dougan
Post a Comment